May 10, 2009
PMA Names Packaging Award Winners
The Produce Marketing Association has announced the winners of its annual produce packaging awards.
At PMA's Fresh Summit 2009 Oct. 2-5 in Anaheim, Calif., the Newark, Del.-based association's Impact Award: Excellence in Produce Packaging named winners in six categories:
- Environment/sustainability - Earthbound Farm, San Juan Batista, Calif.
- Food safety/traceability - HarvestMark Inc., Trimble, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Functionality/technology - Clear Lam Packaging Inc., Elk Grove, Ill., and Taylor Farms Inc., Salinas, Calif.
- Marketing design - The Oppenheimer Group, Vancouver, British Columbia, and Zespri International, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Marketing messaging/content - Stemilt Growers Inc., Wenatchee, Wash.
- Supply chain efficiencies - IFCO Systems NA, Houston